9-25-2008  

Posted by bRiAn D k

Today was rather interesting. While I was in the middle of my math class my phone started vibrating. I knew I wasn't supposed to answer it so I ignored it. It vibrated again, and then again. I looked down to see who it was, and saw that it was my district manager. Then, right afterword, my store manager started calling! I had never had both of them blowing up my phone unless something was really wrong. Of course I had no idea what was going on so I started to think of all the things that might be wrong. "Did I do something wrong when I was closing" I thought to myself, "Do they want to tell me not to bother coming into work because I am fired for doing so horrible in sales this month?".
As class proceeded they kept calling and my mind kept getting stimulated with ideas of horrible things. Finally the teacher let everyone out after what seemed like a million years. Right after I stood up my phone started vibrating again. By now I had basically convinced myself that I was certainly in some kind of trouble. I nervously answered it, "Hello?". It was my district manager, apparently the person that was supposed to open his Everett Mall store decided he didn't want to come into work today so the store was never opened and they needed someone to cover because everyone other than me was either at their stores opening them or at a meeting in Tuckwilla. I told him no problem and rushed out of class to go to the mall.
I hate the mall. It's not that it is a horrible mall for store selection anymore, it's just that I used to work there for like two years and couldn't stand being "one of those guys that yells at everyone to come buy a phone" anymore. I finally earned my way into a store in the middle of nowhere that has no other stores selling the same product for at least a 30 minute drive away. In the mall, I have 6 other places in a five to 10 minute distance from my store that sell at&t. to say the least the market is OVER saturated. That means if I don't close a sale by the time they walk just a few feet away there is someone else offering them the same phone. NIGHTMARE!
Anyway, I got to the store and in a eight hour shift sold one car charger. I am so getting fired at the end of this month. Anybody know where I could get a job that I don't have to worry about quotas? Seriously!

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 7:16 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment