9-27-2008  

Posted by bRiAn D k

I told you all I was serious.
Today I went into work like normal. I opened the store in the allotted time and sold a few phones. Everything was going fine, I was feeling a little better actually. I sold a few phones the day before and was starting to make a little bit of ground towards hopefully keeping my job.
Then around twelve thirty my store manager came into the store with another gentleman I had never seen before. My manager had said he was doing some training in the Everett store for some new hires on Monday so I figured that maybe it was one of the new hires trying to get a head start and get as much tutelage as possible before they start their shift next week.
I was wrong. He apparently was hired for our store. Now this is very unusual because we have almost everyone that works in our company wanting to work in our store because we are the number one store in the company. Usually our store is saved for people that have earned it and here this guy just gets put in without any previous sales training or experience with our company.
Now the problem doesn't stop there. The problem is that there aren't enough sales or customers in our store to justify a new sales person unless they are getting rid of one of us. I think I drew the short straw on this due to the fact that I have missed quota quite a few months this last year. Keep in mind my quota is what some stores have as a whole and the economy is not exactly flourishing at the moment. I called my manager out and asked him how long it was going to be before they let go of the person he was hired to replace. He tried to respond that since he was just promoted to store manager that the store would be needing to hire another sales person because it was a four person sales teem and he was a manager now and didn't count. What I don't appreciate is how stupid he seems to think I am. It is not a four "salesperson" teem, it is a four "person" teem. Before I arrived there were four people. There has always been four people, even when they had a manager before including him there were only four. So I think I was able to meet my replacement.
After I found out he was hired for our store I nearly through-up. I still a, feeling a little queasy thinking about it. I mean, I have two kids and a wife to support. What the heck am I going to do. I can't let them down. Especially with Christmas and their birthdays just around the corner and the global economy about to implode in on itself. For the first time in a long while, I am very scared. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 10:11 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment